It’s been a while since I address the chakras in the blog, so today I will tell you about the fifth chakra. This is also known as the throat vishuddha chakra and it is associated expression and communication. I am a big communicator, verbal, non-verbal, to people, to animals, plants, myself… well you get the point. This energy center is located in the center of the neck at the level of the throat and it is the chakra that allows the energy of all the other chakras in the body to flow; because of this it can cause issues that would normally be attributed to other chakras. Some other issues it can cause include sore throat, neck tension, jaw problems, thyroid disorder, and severe headaches. The unbalance of this chakra is also linked to not been able to express oneself properly, poor communication skills, timid voice, lies, and secretiveness. On the other hand, if the throat chakra is balanced, we speak the truth, make ourselves heard, we have communication with purpose, and we can fully express what we feel or think. We are also more likely to find our motivation to act on our desires when this chakra is well balanced. The throat chakra is usually represented by the color blue and the element of sound.
How to balance the throat chakra?
- Because this chakra is related to self-expression and communication, singing and talking are very god for balancing the chakra
- Clean eating and drinking water is the best you can do, not only for the chakra, but for your entire body
- Meditation is key, you can also do yoga
- Aromatherapy! Jasmine and sandalwood are a couple of great scents that help the throat chakra
- Some stones you can use are: turquoise, aquamarine, and lapis lazuli
Check out this great meditation music by Meditative Mind, I have listened to it before when I’m ready to go to bed and it is super relaxing while it helps you balance your chakra. Let me know what you think!
Stay true – Chantal