Hey, I get it… working every day, going home to take care of family, cooking, cleaning, and the same routine over and over and over… yuck. WE ALL NEED A BREAK ONCE IN A WHILE!
Everyone has a different concept on what they consider relaxing and a break from the day to day. Some people love going hiking, some biking, mani-pedis, locking themselves in a room with a tub of not ice cream, ignoring the neediness of their family from an entire day and just watch Netflix in PJs… well, you get it. Even though I love all of those activities (or lack of), I have a HUGE OBSESSION with this fantastic place near my area called Spa Castle. Sadly, they only have a location in Carrollton, TX, one in College Point, NY and one coming soon in Alexandria, VA. If you live in any of those areas, rush over there to check it out if you haven’t done so; if you don’t, maybe there’s something similar? Look it up… really worth it!
Now, this is unlike your regular day spa; this is a combination of a European spa and an Asian bathhouse and the experience is beyond relaxing for an entire day of disconnecting from the world and avoiding responsibilities!
Temperature controlled jetted pools
No freezing your butt here, all their pools are temperature controlled and you choose which pool has the best temperature for you. On top of that, you get to try out all kinds of different jets to massage every part of your body, relieve tension, increase circulation, and improve digestion. I am telling you, you will have to get dragged out of there because you’ll be so relaxed! You can even order a drink or two at the bar and zip while you don’t think about the people on the outside 😉
Because one hot tub is never enough, they offer four! They also have a cold bath pool that it is supposed to rejuvenate the body, strengthen the immune system and help with blood circulation. They also have a dry sauna and a steam room to relax and cleanse the pores.
If you share the love I have for saunas, this is the place for you. This place has seven saunas, all made with different materials and for different purposes. Each sauna has a sign that tells you the benefits of that particular sauna, what it is made out of as well as a sign that gives you the temperature. Here is a list of their different saunas and their benefits according to Spa Castle’s website:
- Gold Sauna – This beautiful sauna is lined with plates of real gold and it is supposed to help with sore limbs as well as to balance the mind, body and soul.
- Loess Soil Sauna – This is their hottest sauna and the smell of the loess soil and herbs help with relaxation.
- Jade Sauna – Jade emits infrared rays that help heal the body.
- Color Therapy Sauna – Each color section of the sauna helps improve different physical and mental aspects of the body; emotions, moods, metabolism and energy.
- Himalayan Salt Sauna – This sauna creates a bacteria-free environment, it helps to regulate blood pressure, relieve allergies, and reduces signs of aging!
- Far Infrared Sauna -The infrared light of the sauna is absorbed by the skin to stimulate blood circulation, increase oxygen to the brain, clear up nasal congestion and clear pores.
- Ice Land – This is a cold space that is meant to stimulate the body’s anti-oxidant capabilities, strengthen the immune system, firm the skin, reduce cellulite among other incredible benefits. (I counted three less butt cheek dimples after leaving the room! lol JK).
Spa Services and More
Pamper yourself like there’s no tomorrow with one of their spa services, like body scrubs, massages, facials, and body wraps. Once done, you can go have a bite at one of their restaurants, their café, bar, or my favorite… The Juice Farm! Their milk tea or coconut slushy with boba are to die for!!!!!!
Know Before You Go!
As I mentioned, this is part bathhouse, so there are certain areas where people are completely NAKED, yes… NAKED! Every time I visit this place, I see at least one group of women in the locker room or bath area looking shook and confused as to why everyone is walking around naked with no hesitation. Let me explain, this place has certain “naked areas” and certain “clothed areas”.
The naked areas are: the locker rooms, showers, hot tubs, steam room, and the only dry sauna in the bath area. All these areas are either all men or all women.
The clothed areas are: the jetted pools, bar, restaurants, meditation areas, spa, lobbies, and all saunas outside of the locker/bat area. For these areas, you are provided with a uniform that you are to wear, and you must wear a bathing suit for the pools. Also, no shoes allowed, it is all a barefooted facility.
Some people may be completely against seeing other people’s nakedness (and that is fine), so make sure you actually do some research on the places you are planning to visit to decide if it is a place for you or not. Now, you don’t have to get into the bath area, you can just go and enjoy their fantastic spa services, saunas, the multiple pools with various temperatures and jets, as well as their delicious food. Honestly, once you are there, you don’t even care anymore, so just give it a chance. People are in a completely different mindset, just relaxing and minding their own business, people are not looking at you and thy are not judging you. Go with it and own it!
What’s your favorite local place for a me day?
Stay True – Chantal