Allergies are a PAIN (duh)! I basically am allergic to everything – grass, pollen, dogs, cats, eggs ,soy, wheat – to name a few.
So I can definitely relate to you when you say the struggle is REAL with allergy season. Cottonwood is flying and pollen is everywhere. There are obviously medications to take when you need them.. like bendaryl, but hellooo hangover?! Am I the only one who feels drugged up for at least 24 hours after taking some allergy meds?
Below are a few NATURAL remedies for the allergy struggle. Try them out and let us know what you think!
- Turmeric Tea – I SWEAR by this tea. Whether it be allergies or a cold or a sinus infection, it works wonders. I always feel better within a couple of days of drinking this 2-3 times per day. Just boil 1 cup almond milk, 1 tbsp turmeric, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tsp honey. Voila!
- Vitamin C/Zinc – RIGHT when you start feeling sick, chug some vitamin C or a Zinc supplement! It’ll boost your immune system and help you get better quickly. Zicam is a great OTC “med” that has all natural vitamins!
- Local Honey – Local honey can help diminish allergy symptoms! Just add some into your tea (or turmeric tea), or just take a spoonful!
One of my FAVORITE things is being able to use products more than one way. I love a good multitasking situation..
For this post, I’m talking about how to use bronzer 3 ways: On your face, your eyelids, and eyeline. This is perfect for Summer because a good bronzer used all over your face can tie the whole look together. Using the same bronze on your cheeks and your eyes will make you look glowy and suntanned!
- On your face – I like to add my bronzer in a “3” shape. Along your hairline, under your cheekbone, and under your chin.. It will contour your face in a natural way (more natural than a normal grey contour), and make you look slim and glowing!
- On your eyelids – My favorite way to tie in a makeup look is to add bronzer to the outer edges of my eyelids. I’ll add a neutral, shimmer eyeshadow all over the lid, then put my bronzer in the outer corner and inside the crease. It makes for the perfect no-makeup look!
- On your eyeline – During summer, the LAST thing you want is to have black eyeliner dripping down your face! Take a small eyeliner brush and rub bronzer along your lower lash line. It’ll define your eyes in a super natural way!
Do you ever use bronzer in more than one way?! Let us know in the comments!
What’s a “French tuck” you might ask?.. Short answer: it’s the trend you need for the rest of spring and summer, and well.. always!
It’s pretty simple, but anytime you have a flowy blouse or tank on, just tuck the front part into your jeans, pants, or skirt. It’s SUCH a versatile style and can easily be applied to a dressy or casual outfit.
Personally, I love wearing a pencil skirt to work and tucking in a blouse in the front. And for a more casual day – I go for something like this look.. a loose tank with jeans and sandals.
The French tuck makes a look more “chic,” and also flattering. It will cinch the waist in a little more, which helps a ton with a loose top that can make people look boxy!
I’m assuming I’m not the only one where life ALWAYS gets in the way of self-care! So since we’re going into the weekend, I thought it’d be a perfect time to touch on some of my top tips to pamper yourself for your own well-being.
After a stressful day, week, or month (or more..); I absolutely LOVE to do a little pamper night and treat myself. This can mean anything you want. Like to go out? Have a date night by yourself at a nice restaurant and go to a movie on your own.. and treat yourself to that popcorn! Like to stay in? Follow my tips below – because I’m with ya on that one.
- Take a hot bath – and use epsom salts! They have great anti-inflammatory properties, and you can get some with lavender or eucalyptus, which will just help you relax even more.
- Use a face mask. Either buy one and stick it in the fridge before for some anti-inflammatory effects, or make your own! Here are a couple of natural skincare posts – honey scrub and coffee!
- Make a nice dinner. If you’re vegetarian (like Chantal!), treat yourself to a nice eggplant parmesan or stuffed peppers. I’m not a vegetarian, and on special occasions I’ll cook up a filet mignon with veggies! Make your favorite food for yourself!
- Turn off electronics. If you absolutely HAVE to look on your phone, put it on night time mode so the light isn’t as harsh. Or watch some netflix on your laptop with the brightness alll the way down. But I personally love to read a book with my salt lamp on, or play a podcast while I just relax!
- Meditate. I personally love using the “breathe” app on my apple watch, but the Calm app is also great! Just taking 5 minutes or less can help a TON for your mental health.
Hopefully these tips give you some ideas for some self-care this weekend! Let us know in the comments what YOU do for weekend wellness!
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend! We decided to make a trip to a local farmers market.. it was SO. CUTE. And we’ll definitely be sharing more about that soon.
But today I’m sharing one of my favorite styles for Spring – maxi dresses. Even though you’re a little more covered up with a maxi dress, they’re still (normally) flowy enough to let that breeze in and look boho-chic! For this outfit, I wore one with off-the-shoulder sleeves with some comfy sandals. An easy, breezy look for the warmer weather!
I’ve also worn this dress to the beach, to hot HOT cities (hellooo, Miami!), and even just to run to brunch or to run errands whenever I want to look a little more put together.
Let us know if you love a maxi dress in the comments! Or what your favorite thing to wear in Spring is!
If you’re not eating salmon – you are SERIOUSLY missing out! Unless you’re vegetarian, then GO YOU and replace the salmon with tofu or any other protein you want!
I personally love how thick and creamy salmon tastes when cooked perfectly. I also have a serious relationship with broccoli slaw made into an asian salad. So if you have similar tastes to me, you will be obsessed with this salad recipe. It can be eaten warm (my fave) or cold.
- Preheat your oven to 425
- Season salmon with pepper and a little salt
- Cook salmon for 30 minutes (or until fish is JUST flakey.. not dry!
- While salmon is cooking, heat 1 tbsp olive oil on a pan
- Add 2 cups broccoli slaw to pan
- Once wilted, add 2 tbsp coconut aminos and 2 tsp siracha
- Put salmon on top of broccoli slaw and top with low sodium soy sauce, siracha, spicy mustard, or any other condiments that you enjoy!
You can also make this ahead of time. Just refrigerate after it cools down, and you have a great salad for the next day. A great meal of healthy fats and veggies! LOVE!
I also use broccoli slaw raw as a salad base on a weekly basis. Just add some edemame, snow peas, protein, and sauces — voila. Make this salad your own!
Although I absolutely LOVEEE to be in a car for however long – it’s easy to get road-trip-lagged or just feel super uncomfortable. I know a ton of people who just hate road trips in general!
But I wanted to share my top tips for how to be comfortable road tripping. You definitely don’t have to be super fashionable, but being comfortable is KEY. These are also the same tips I’d have for staying comfortable while flying!
- Wear comfortable pants! I can’t believe people actually wear jeans while traveling! I’m jealous! I pretty much always go with super baggy jeans or a pair of leggings.
- Wear an oversized shirt! Ain’t nobody got time to keep pulling down your top or pulling your pants up. Wear a comfy sweater or oversized tee to look chic but feel good.
- Wear flat shoes – with support! You don’t want your feet to be hurting while on a trip. Wear shoes with a bit of support, but not full heels.
With these tips, you’ll feel comfy on your next trip and look pulled together! What do you wear while traveling?