So I’m off to Mexico – which meant crash diet time! And as a disclaimer.. crash diets are NOT GOOD! Do as I say, not as I do.
But I figured.. let’s try out keto. I watched a few documentaries about all of the benefits. If you watch “Fat” on amazon, they talk about how people get off insulin.. stop seizure medication.. etc. So I’m officially on day 8 and have a few thoughts:
- Eating out isn’t as hard as I thought! Some photos are below.. but I normally opt for meat (lamb, fish, steak..), sauteed veggies, and avocado. I LOVE a good sushi roll sans rice or sashimi. And sauteed veggies are great… hello, olive oil!
- Working out is hard! I went to pilates the other day and WOW I felt like passing out. So be sure to eat a little snack before you workout and have some extra salt.
- The keto flu is real.. so have some pickles on hand to take a shot of juice! Trust me, it helps. It sounds gross – but worth it.
I’ve also lost almost 10 lbs in a week! Have you tried keto? Let us know in the comments!
Does anyone else struggle with what COMFORTABLE shoes to wear in the Summer?! I have such a hard time because flat sandals or flats hurt my feet.. so I pretty much always have to wear a small heel for a little arch support.
But sometimes heels just aren’t practical, don’t fit the event, or don’t go with the outfit. In this case.. I was wearing a super casual ensemble, so I decided to try out some sneakers!
Personally, I LOVE a good white (VERY WHITE) sneaker (helloo dad shoe trend). Once they start getting discolored.. it just looks dirty. But you don’t have to spend hundreds for a good pair. I found these for $20 at KROGER. Yes, Kroger!
Let us know in the comments what type of shoes are your fave for a casual Summer day!
There are few things better than enjoying a cool adult beverage by the pool! But calories can add up QUICK with cocktails. So avoid the extra sugar and sodium (and bloat) with these two simple low-cal cocktails.
- 1 shot vodka
- 6 oz sparkling water
- Cut up fruit of choice
The fruit makes all the difference in this one! Watermelon is great and extra hydrating.
- 1 shot dark rum
- 6 oz Diet Coke
- Juice of 1/2 lime
This classic drink feels like a heartier cocktail – but still rings in under 100 calories!
If any of y’all are in the DFW area or are ever visiting – I have the PERFECT spot for you! Be sure to head on up to Frisco and check out “The Star.”
It’s the new Cowboys practice facility/HQ.. but even more than that, it’s a hot spot for great brunches, happy hours, and photo ops (for all of you basic people like me).
You can take a stop at Tupelo Honey for some BOMB biscuits and honey, or have a late night out at Concrete Cowboy. There’s also a ton of shopping and events that go on there. Parking is super easy, too.. which is a huge plus in the Dallas area!
And don’t forget.. take some pictures on the green!
Have you ever been to The Star? What are your favorite DFW stops?
If you’re searching for your new Summer color.. here you go!! Turquoise is where it’s AT!
I absolutely love a good turquoise dress – or even a turquoise pump (any pop of color is my fave, let’s be real). Here I have a casual button up dress that’s perfect for the hot weather. Wearing a breezy dress is key for 100 degree heat, and a color that matches the ocean just feels right!
I personally love to browse the shelves at Tj Maxx or Ross and wait for a color to pop. I stop whenever something stands out! And that’s my number one tip for shopping at bargain places.. to wait until something pops out at you, THEN start looking. It can be overwhelming to browse so many aisles, and then you end up with nothing!
So next time you go shopping, look for some ocean turquoise.. I promise it’ll be your new power color!
The days are longer during the summer.. but ain’t nobody got time for spending the whole day cooking! Healthy meal delivery is the WAY. TO. GO!
There are a lot of different services that make it easy to make healthy meals at home. There’s blue apron, green chef, home chef, and more. For this post, I’m talking about Hello Fresh!
I get the meals for two since it’s just my husband and I, but I always get at least 3 servings out of it. It comes pre-portioned and ready to cut and cook! And life hack.. the recipes are all online. You don’t even have to buy the boxes 😉
The meal pictured below is beef bulgogi – but they also have vegetarian boxes. I’ve also added an example of the recipe card! I also LOVE using kits like these to meal prep for the week. They advertise as taking about 30 minutes a meal, but it’s normally more. I’d plan on an hour of cooking.
So if you ever find yourself not feeling like cooking (story of my life).. try ordering a healthy meal kit service!
Summer is in full force.. which means a ton of time in the sun and by the pool! But sun damage is REAL and chlorine can be super drying to your skin. Here are a few easy and natural tips to ease summer skin damage and keep yourself glowy all season long.
- Aloe vera is amazing for any sunburns, dry patches, and to drink! In addition to being super soothing on your skin, it also has a lot of antioxidant properties. Buy some fresh aloe vera to put on, or some aloe vera juice with pulp to digest!
- Coconut oil is great to put in your hair before AND after swimming. The oil before hand will keep your hair from getting too tangled and dried out. It can also act as a hair mask to add some extra moisture after you’re done swimming! You can even leave it in overnight for some extra love.
- Add some vaseline to your skin care routine! If your cuticles get dry from swimming, rub some vaseline on it. Put some on rough patches on your feet. You can even add it around your eyes to prevent crows feet from squinting in the sun!
What are your favorite summer skincare hacks? Let us know in the comments!