The struggle is REAL sometimes when trying to eat out but still keep a healthy lifestyle. Especially working in an office.. it’s practically an endless supply of donuts, happy hours, and coworker lunches! Below are some easy tips to keep it healthy while eating any kind of food and for any occasion.
- Fill up on sides! Get some steamed veggies, a broth-based soup, or a light salad as your “main course.”
- Ask for half the order to go before you start eating. They’ll be happy to box some up for you for the next day!
- Many cuisines can be high in oil and salt – use these tips:
- Mexican – opt for a pozole soup and salad or fajitas light on oil (YES – you can ask for them to be light on oil!)
- Ramen – order without the noodles or just eat mostly the broth/protein/veggies. Get extra veggies added. Shishito peppers or edamame are a great appetizer!
- Chinese/Indian – my fave hack is to get the sauce on the side! You’d be shocked how much sauce comes with an entree. Then dip to your hearts desire!
- Italian – get a salad with protein or a kids meal portion. You can also get protein, veggies, and a side of your favorite sauce.
- American – avoid fried foods or get a sandwich protein style – without any bread.
- Sushi – opt for a cucumber wrapped roll sans rice or some lean sashimi! And get the low sodium soy sauce.
- French – a lean cut of meat with veggies, escargot, or a charcuterie platter is filling yet healthier than filling up on cheese or bread!
- With sweets (hellooo office birthdays and breakfast donuts), go with the chic bite rule. I got this from Ingrid.. one to say hello, one to enjoy, and one to say goodbye!
- Go for simple cocktails. Tequila on the rocks with lime, vodka with soda water, a dry red wine.. nix mixers and extra sugar!
With these SIMPLE tips, eating out and dealing with temptation can be easy! We’ll stay on track together 🙂