I’m assuming I’m not the only one where life ALWAYS gets in the way of self-care! So since we’re going into the weekend, I thought it’d be a perfect time to touch on some of my top tips to pamper yourself for your own well-being.
After a stressful day, week, or month (or more..); I absolutely LOVE to do a little pamper night and treat myself. This can mean anything you want. Like to go out? Have a date night by yourself at a nice restaurant and go to a movie on your own.. and treat yourself to that popcorn! Like to stay in? Follow my tips below – because I’m with ya on that one.
- Take a hot bath – and use epsom salts! They have great anti-inflammatory properties, and you can get some with lavender or eucalyptus, which will just help you relax even more.
- Use a face mask. Either buy one and stick it in the fridge before for some anti-inflammatory effects, or make your own! Here are a couple of natural skincare posts – honey scrub and coffee!
- Make a nice dinner. If you’re vegetarian (like Chantal!), treat yourself to a nice eggplant parmesan or stuffed peppers. I’m not a vegetarian, and on special occasions I’ll cook up a filet mignon with veggies! Make your favorite food for yourself!
- Turn off electronics. If you absolutely HAVE to look on your phone, put it on night time mode so the light isn’t as harsh. Or watch some netflix on your laptop with the brightness alll the way down. But I personally love to read a book with my salt lamp on, or play a podcast while I just relax!
- Meditate. I personally love using the “breathe” app on my apple watch, but the Calm app is also great! Just taking 5 minutes or less can help a TON for your mental health.
Hopefully these tips give you some ideas for some self-care this weekend! Let us know in the comments what YOU do for weekend wellness!