The third eye chakra also known as Ajna is associated with intuition, imagination, openness, and wisdom. This energy center is located on the forehead between the eyebrows and its physical function is to regulate biorhythms and the pituitary gland. Having an unbalanced Ajna chakra makes us feel like we have no clarity in our path, we lack vision and objectiveness, we daydream and feel lost. On the other hand, if the Ajna chakra is balanced, we feel inspired, our creativity shows, we become more perceptive, intuitive, and are more willing to learn life lessons. The throat chakra is usually represented by the color indigo and the element of light.
How to balance the third eye chakra?
- Since the pineal gland regulates sleep patterns, getting enough sleep is essential to have a balanced chakra (like I needed another reason to love my favorite activity of the day).
- Eating berries full of antioxidants and green vegetables are great to nourish your body and balance this chakra
- Meditation (try incorporating the Om sound) and look up some guided meditations if needed
- Chamomile, lavender and rosemary are some great essential oils to get you back on track!
- Some stones you can use are: iolite, lepidolite, and red tourmaline
Share wit us your favorite healing technique!
Stay true – Chantal