I am absolutely crazy about rompers and love wearing them as much as I can during summer. What do I do during the cold weather you ask? Well, if it is not freezing cold and I just feel like rocking a romper, I just pair it with some nice tights, boots, a nice jacket and a scarf. You can make the look as casual or as fancy as you like, it is all in the details. For this outfit, I decided to dress it up by wearing a nice leather jacket and a fancy scarf with gold as the accent color… I know, I know, I look fabulous! 😉
Solid color rompers are an easy go-to because you can easily play with color combinations in accessories, coverups, belts, etc. Try to be bold and wear a bright colored jacket, a nice cardigan or blazer, a belt around your waist, or some nice jewelry. It is all about letting your personality shine!
Advantages of wearing a romper
- If you get the right style for your body shape, it helps create the illusion of a leaner, taller body.
- Wear some high heels and make your legs look a mile long!
- One romper is all you need to create several looks.
- Super comfortable, you can do pretty much any activity wearing a romper… except going to the bathroom that is lol
Choose the right romper for your body type
- Apple-shaped (heavier around mid-section): Select a romper that cinches in the waist to create the illusion of a smaller waist.
- Hourglass (balanced curves): This is the easiest body type because pretty much every romper style looks great. Show off your figure and opt for a fitted style, v-neck or a romper with a cinched waistline.
- Boy shape (almost no curves all over): It is all about creating the illusion of curves by wearing rompers with bows, ruffles, or flared bottoms.
- Pear-shaped (curvy on the bottom and smaller on the top): Same concept of ruffles, bows, etc, except that only focus that on the top half of the romper. You want to balance your body shape by adding volume on the top and showing off your natural shape on the bottom.
- Top heavy (curvy on the top and smaller bottom): a v-neck or off the shoulder rompers with are best options to take away all the focus from the top half of the body and create a more even silhouette.
Show me your favorite romper look!
Stay True – Chantal