The fourth chakra, also known as the heart or anahata chakra is associated love, compassion beauty, and joy. This energy center is located in the center of the chest and it is believed that it’s directly associated with the proper functioning of the heart and lungs. An unbalanced heart chakra is said to cause blood pressure issues, bad circulation or certain heart and lung problems. The emotional repercussions of an unbalanced heart chakra are jealousy, codependency, isolation, and difficulty developing and maintaining positive relationships with others. On the other hand, if the heart chakra is balanced, we feel connected with others, have empathy, accept and forgive. We also appreciate the beauty around us, are open to developing meaningful relationships as well as love ourselves and others. This chakra is usually represented by the color green and the element of air.
How to balance the heart chakra?
- Because this chakra is related to the beauty around us, doing anything creative and artistic is a good way to balance it and bring joy to our lives.
- Self-care is a fantastic way to nurture this chakra as you are loving and appreciating yourself. Love starts within you.
- Meditate, meditate, meditate.
- Breathe… DEEPLY.
- Daily affirmations are everything!
- Want some extra help? Here are some crystals: rose quartz, rhodochrosite, green jade and green tourmaline.
- Essential oils that rule for the heart chakra: lavender, rose, sandalwood, and jasmine.
Compassion and love are a beautiful thing, practice them every day, start with yourself and then they will naturally flow outward.
Stay true – Chantal