When traveling, it can be suuuper easy to start being a little too lazy and get stuck inside! I love picking locations with ways for me to enjoy the great outdoors and get some active sightseeing in.. then to hit up all the restaurants later. And if you’re looking for somewhere to get active and appreciate some AMAZING scenery, here ya go!
Add Colorado to your list! It’s one of my top places in the US to visit when I want an active vacay with a ton of options. There’s hiking, walking, stair stepping (hellooo seven falls!) and more. Here are some top spots in the Denver area with fun places to get moving and see the sights.
- Seven Falls – Hike up the 224 steps here and enjoy the view from the top
- Garden of the Gods – Walk around all of the amazing rock formations or enjoy the hiking trails
- Red Rock – When there aren’t concerts, walk up and down the steps
- Mount Evans – If you’re feeling extra adventurous, bike up one of the tallest mountains. Or drive to the top and walk the extra hike
- Downtown – Take a leisurely stroll around downtown denver
- Estes Park – Rent some RV’s around the Rocky’s or some paddle boats for a different kind of workout
What are your favorite destinations? Let us know in the comments!