Our poor hair goes through a lot, sun exposure, heat damage from our various hair styling techniques or chemical damage from hair dyes and bleaching. Even not using the right type of hair products can damage our hair greatly. It is super important to give our hair and scalp some love. This is one of my favorite hair treatments, because it makes my hair feel full, shiny and gorgeous. On top of that, it smells super nice and helps with hair growth by addressing scalp health and hair breakage! For this treatment you’ll need:
- Olive Oil
- Rich in vitamins A, E and antioxidants
- Helps bring and seal in moisture to hair and fight dandruff
- Protects the keratin and strengthens hair
- Gives your hair a beautiful shine and softness
- Helps repair damage caused by sunlight and pollution
- Castor Oil
- Rich in Omega-6 and Omega-9
- Seals in moisture and adds sine t hair
- Anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory for a healthy scalp
- Strengthens hair
- Makes curly and frizzy hair more manageable
- Almond Oil
- Rich in protein, Omega-9, fatty acids, and vitamin E
- Helps to strengthen hair and adds shine
- Makes hair smooth and easier to style
- Helps diminish split ends
- Addresses scalp conditions such as seborrheic dermatitis and scalp psoriasis
- Bonus points: makes this oil treatment smell delicious!
Note: Do not use almond oil if you suffer from nut allergies.
Mix all three oils in a glass jar or any jar you can heat up on the stove top. Make sure you have a good amount of each oil depending on the length of your hair. You may also want to make some extra to store for additional treatments. Place the jar in the center of a small pot. Fill about a quarter of the pot with water and heat it up on the stove top on medium heat. As the water starts boiling, it will slowly heat up the oils. When the mix of oils is warm enough, remove it from heat and spread it all over your hair without directly applying to the scalp. You can apply the treatment on clean dampened hair to seal in that moisture, but it is also great on dry hair. Once you saturate your hair with the mix of oils, put your hair up in a bun and cover it with a plastic cap. Leave the treatment on your hair for 45 minutes to an hour and then rinse and wash your hair. Remember that oil can be a bit hard to wash off so make sure you get it all off. Style as usual and feel the difference… freaking amazing, I know!
Do you have a favorite hair oil treatment? Share it with us!
Stay true – Chantal